Share on: Print

Frequently Asked Questions

About A.R.E.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I register my child(ren) for ARE's childcare programs?
Parents/Guardians may contact ARE's Intake Office by phone at 202.483.9424 or by e-mail at to register their child(ren) for:
  • one of ARE's Pre-Kindergarten Programs for 3 and 4 year olds which operate as follows:
    • Beforecare: 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM
    • Aftercare: 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
  • or ARE's Celebration in Learning Childcare Program which operates from 7 AM to 6 PM. This program is for 2-3 year old children who are not yet ready for a classroom environment.
2. Does ARE serve children with special needs?
Yes. ARE provides a therapeutic, afterschool, and out-of-school time service to indiviuals ages 7-21 years. This program requires a referral from Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN), as well as an initial home and school assessment. For more information contact Program Manager/Coordinator by phone at 202.483.9424 or by e-mail at
3. How can I find out about career opportunities at ARE?
ARE career opportunities vary by division. All job openings are posted for public view at ARE Headquarters, 45 P Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20001 on lower level. You may also view the latest job openings via the Career Opportunties page of our website. Interested persons should mail, fax, or e-mail their resumes, cover letter, and salary requirements to ARE's Human Resources Manager. Information is provided below.

Associates for Renewal in Education
ATTN: Human Resources Manager
45 P Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001


4. Does ARE, Inc. provide transportation for children?
No. ARE does not provide transportation to and from programs, but limited transportation is provided to feeder schools. Inquire for more details by phone at 202.483.9424 or by email at
5. How can I learn more about ARE's Residential Services?
Contact the Residential Services Division by phone at 202.483.9424 or by email at to learn more about the Residential Services Programs offered to adjudicated children and youth. Youth must be referred by a sponsoring D.C. government agency.
Where Children, Youth, and Families Come First